Handibot® Bridge is a new way to take on large projects with portable CNC. An evolution of the original innovative, smart power tool that you can take anywhere and run from any WiFi-enabled device. Use Handibot® to perform precise and easily repeatable cutting, carving, machining, and milling operations. Work with wood, MDF, plastics, foams, and aluminum. All at the press of a button.
The Handibot Bridge's rigid frame clamps onto large pieces of material up to 24" wide--allowing you to execute large projects with a series of accurate cuts; quickly sliding the Handibot down the length of your material. This is a tool optimized for tiling.
What is tiling? Imagine trying to print a large photograph using just a small desktop printer. You might print the photo out on a dozen sheets of paper; each sheet containing a small part of the larger image. Once joined together in the proper order, the smaller sheets would form a larger image.
Tiling applies that same strategy to cutting out large patterns with a small CNC router. Take a plan for a chair or a bookshelf--break the cut up into "tiles" that fit the tool--then move the tool across the material, stopping to cut out each tile as you go.
How does the Handibot Bridge differ from its smaller cousin, the Handibot® Adventure Edition? With the cut length tripled from 8" to 24", the Handibot Bridge can cut the entire width of a 24" sheet of material in one pass (ideal for the 24" x 48" plywood sheets available at every hardware store and lumber yard), reducing the time required to set up and cut a large project by a factor of three, bridging the gap between the small, portable Handibot Adventure Edition and the wood shop workhorse ShopBot Desktop.
Your projects will also benefit from improved precision due to faster and simpler tiling of large cuts:
- Just like the original Handibot, the Handibot Bridge is take-anywhere portable. The tool has wheels on each side--allowing it to be moved like a roller-board suitcase; across the shop or across the country.
- The revolutionary new control software, FabMo, unleashes more freedom. This built-in digital fabrication and motion control system gives you the robust power of CNC technology while reducing the challenges of CNC:
You don't need to know how to use CAD and CAM software, you can simply use apps to make projects and run the tool to do simple jobs. If you want to work with the traditional CAD to CAM workflow, we provide access to two powerful software programs for creating CNC projects: VCarvePro ShopBot Edition and Autodesk Fusion360.
- FabMo also lets you create anywhere you want. Control and monitor the Handibot tool from any WiFi-enabled device: a Mac or PC computer, an Android or iOS phone, or any tablet. This is wireless CNC!
Handibot® Bridge is NOT CE marked at this time.
All duties, tariffs, taxes and border fees MUST be paid by the customer.
To find the plug type for your country, visit www.iec.ch/worldplugs/list_bylocation.htm
New Hardware Features on the Handibot Bridge:
- Simple tiling using a jig built into the tool. No need to set up measurement rails or jigs--just clamp to the tool onto your material and the position of each successive cut is placed based on the previous cut.
- A variety of simple fence options allow easy cuts on long lumber, wide open surfaces and sheet goods.
- Built-in clear hood helps cut down router noise, keeps sawdust and other waste isolated to the tool, and helps keep fingers safe.
- Handibot’s rigid, aluminum-reinforced frame and steel bearings ensure clean, precise cuts.
About the Software: FabMo™ is included!
- Compatible with any device with a web browser.
- App based platform allows work without any experience with CAD/CAM software; simply install a purpose built app for one of a variety of projects and work through a simple visual interface
- Experienced CNC users can still run files from their preferred CAD/CAM package in an interface with all the features and flexibility of professional CNC tools.
- Learn more About FabMo
Handibot is compatible with many software programs, including: • AutoCAD • Rhino 3D • SketchUp • ArtCAM • Vector Art 3D • Cabinet Vision • EnRoute • KCDw • MasterCAM • MillWizard • OneCNC • Shape 3D • Vector CAD CAM • Visualmill • CabinetParts Pro • DeskProto • eCabinet System
Handibot® is a community-supported, open source development platform.
We are sharing design files and other development resources with the Handibot community and encourage contributors to use these resources to rip, remix, burn and share their version of Handibot and accessories. Use Handibot as a starting point or use it just how it is, fully assembled and ready for work.
- XYZ movement/cutting volume: 6” x 24” x 3” (152mm x 610mm x 76mm)
- Linear bearings: Precision linear guides and blocks on each axis
- Drive System: Motors with integral lead screw and anti-backlash nut on each axis
- Precision: 0.00025” (.00635mm)
- Repeatability: +/-0.0015” (.038mm)
- Cut speed: up to 2 inches per second (75mm/s)
- Jog speed: up to 4 inches per second (125mm/s)
- Frame: Aluminum reinforced High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- DeWALT DWP 611 1.25 HP Variable Speed Compact Router (230V version: DeWALT D26200-GB 900W Variable Speed Compact Router)
- Removable tool enclosing hood
- Electrical system requirements: 120V @ 15Amps (International 230V @ 10Amps)
- Footprint (with ExoFrame centered on base): 39.5” x 18.5” x 15.5” (1000mm x 470mm x 390mm)
- Footprint (with ExoFrame at Y-Axis travel limits): 41” x 18.5” x 15.5” (1040mm x 470mm x 390mm)
- Weight: 70 (32Kg)
- FabMo Wireless Control System to run your Handibot
- Each new Handibot tool comes bundled with two powerful software programs to create CNC projects
What's In the Box
- Handibot® Smart Power Tool Bridge Edition ships in two boxes containing the base and exoframe
- Printed Handibot® user manual
- LMT Onsrud 37-61 ½”90 Degree V-bit, 61-040 1/8” O flute Straight-cut, and 52-287 ¼” 2 flute Up-cut
- DeWALT DWP 611 router, user manual and collet wrench (230V version: DeWALT D26200-GB router, user manual and collet wrench)
If you are a school in the US and would like to order with a PO or multiple tools for a classroom, please contact us or fax to 888-680-4466.
Our goal is to offer you the fastest and lowest-cost shipping method. The shipping charge will be noted at Checkout. Delivery of oversized items (Desktop Tool included) or special handling orders will require an adult signature at the time of delivery. Most orders ship via FedEx Ground for domestic orders and FedEx International Priority for international orders. The Desktop ships via YRC Freight.
We cannot ship to PO Box addresses. Please use a physical address.
Orders ship from our production facility in Durham, North Carolina.
Shipment Delivery Time
Your purchase of in-stock merchandise will be shipped on the day you order if we receive the order prior to 12 PM, Monday through Friday, not including holidays. Orders of in-stock items received after 12 PM local time will be shipped the next business day. Special orders and out-of-stock merchandise may require additional time prior to shipment.
Time in transit is typically 1-7 days depending on your location; international orders that are slow to move through customs may require additional time for delivery. If the shipment of your order is delayed, we will notify you by email. If multiple items are ordered where one or more items are out of stock, by default all items will ship when out-of-stock items are available. If you wish to receive in-stock items sooner, you may order these items separately in which case they will be subject to the delivery schedule above.
We ship via FedEx International Priority. You will be responsible for paying any duties and taxes, including GST and VAT. FedEx ships to more than 220 countries and territories. Check the FedEx International Countries Served list to see if you country is included. At this time, we are not shipping the Desktop or Desktop MAX outside of the US. If you are interested in placing an international order for the Desktop or Desktop MAX, please contact us or call 1-888-680-4466.
Your shipping charge will be based on the weight of your order. This includes items shipped in multiple boxes. To get a shipping estimate based on your cart, enter your country, state and zip here.
Receiving a Freight Shipment
When receiving a freight shipment from a freight company do the following upon delivery:
- inspect the crate immediately for any signs of damage, note any damage on the receipt
- compare the number of shipping units received to the number listed on the delivery receipt
- sign and date the delivery receipt
- if you have any questions, ask the driver making the delivery
- contact us to let us know if your shipment was short or damaged
Orders Damaged in Shipping
If you believe a package received from us was damaged in transit, please refuse shipment and tell the carrier that you are refusing delivery because the package is damaged. Contact us to let us know about the damage via email or call 888-680-4466
Your original shipping charge will be refunded for a part sent to you in error, a defective part, or an order you refuse due to damage in shipping. This refund will automatically be credited once we receive and inspect the part. If only a portion of your order is returned, the refund for shipping costs will be prorated. Details can be found in the Returns Policy.
We Also Recommend